Center for Computational and Integrative Biology
The Center for Computational and Integrative Biology (CCIB) is an affiliation of faculty drawn together by a common interest in the study of biology through methods engaging a broader scale of inquiry than the existing standard of the era. The faculty collectively has highly diverse interests, ranging from inquiries into the origins of life, the mechanisms of host-pathogen interactions in plants and model organisms, the relationship between atherosclerosis and inflammatory responses in vertebrates, and the collection and analysis of comprehensive measures of physiology in an attempt to understand the harbingers of adverse outcomes (principally sepsis and its sequelae) in individuals treated for trauma.
The Center for Computational and Integrative Biology provides support for investigators at the hospital and across Boston through a variety of autonomous cores that provide services in DNA sequencing, oligonucleotide synthesis and research laboratory automation.
In the News
Congratulations to Brian Seed on receiving the 2019 William B. Coley Award for Distinguished Research in Basic Immunology, the top scientific award given by the Cancer Research Institute to honor discovery and service in advancing Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy Research. Dr. Seed was recognized for his contributions to identifying and elucidating the role of the T cell antigen receptor zeta chain as a key T cell signaling molecule and its application to CAR T cell therapy.
FOR UP TO DATE COVID-19 RELATED LINKS, PLEASE VISIT OUR FAQs PAGE
FLU SHOT 2020
- September 14-18, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. under the Bulfinch Tent at 55 Fruit Street
- September 19, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. – MGH Bulfinch Tent
- September 21, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. – MGH Bulfinch Tent
- October 6, from 7 a.m.-3 p.m. – 149 CNY
- October 8, 9-11 a.m. – 121 Innerbelt Road - SOM-231 Conference Room
- October 14, 7 a.m.-noon – 149 CNY
- October 15, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. – MGH Waltham
- October 20, 8 a.m.-noon – MGH Danvers
- October 27, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. – 125 Nashua Street
- October 29, 1-4 p.m. – MGH Danvers